Monday, July 15, 2013

THE IN-BETWEEN...Jeff Goins

Here's some profound words for all the students and grads I connect with...and for me...great thoughts from one of my favorite new writers...the book will be well worth your read!


I’ve spent my whole life longing for the next season, hoping better things would come when I graduated or got married or gave my life to a career worthy of my talents. 

But now I’m not sure holding out for what’s to come is the smartest strategy. And I have a feeling that I’m not alone.

We all want to live meaningful lives full of experiences we can be proud of. We all want a great story to tell our grandchildren. 

But many of us fail to recognize that the best moments are the ones happening right now.

Maybe the "good stuff" isn't ahead of or behind us. Maybe it's somewhere in between. Right in the midst of this moment, here and now.

Maybe what we call 'mundane,' what feels boring and ordinary, is really how we spend our lives.

And we have an opportunity to make of it what we will—to resent its lack of adventure or rejoice in its beauty.

Perhaps, the abundant life we've been seeking has little to do with big events and comes in a subtler form: embracing the pauses in between major beats.

(From upcoming book, THE IN-BETWEEN: http://goinswriter.com/inbetween/)

No comments: