Wednesday, November 26, 2014

THANKSGIVING REFLECTION: 12 Things I Love About CU Heading Into My 12th Semester...

It's Thanksgiving 2014...and it's also soon going to be the end of another semester at CU...this will wrap up my 11th semester since coming here in August 2009...I continue to love my job and all the people and programs it brings to my life and our family's lives...

And in that spirit of authentic gratitude and thanksgiving, here are a dozen things that I love about Cornerstone University as I look back over 5 and a half years...

1. Night of Nets...love watching our campus and our athletes leverage their gifts and resources to help end malaria and truly change lives in Africa...

2. Welcome day...the greatest opportunity to use my WOO strength...and I absolutely love the chance to have new students and families join the CU community...

3. Chapel...amazing worship teams and words I often need to hear...

4. Faculty collaborations & conversations...it's a privilege to be part of a community where incredible knowledge and wisdom is present in those who truly are experts in their fields...

5. Culture of learning...remarkable privilege to be in a setting where the focus is on growth, on true education so we can be equipped to transform our world as passionate and prepared Christ followers...

6. My Student Engagement staff team...I truly love working alongside and getting to partner with people who love students and what they get to do every day...

7. Students: from student leaders to soccer players to Terra Firma cohort members to literally hundreds and hundreds of students who have deeply influenced the way I live and think and see God and His Kingdom
...

8. Posters on my door...representing the incredible plethora of student activities and programs that create memories and friendships and give life to our campus...

9. Meals in dining commons with Urban Family Kids...sharing meals with kids in GR who we long to see end up at CU as students who do beat the odds in the future...

10. Zambia trips...no place I'd rather be in the world with our CU students...and no one I'd rather serve with than our amazing African leaders and partners...

11. Standing on sidelines of CU men's soccer games...perhaps the place I feel most at home on the CU campus because of the community found in playing the game we love and the relationships forged as a team through all things done on and off the field...

12. Terra Firma 1st week...so much energy, so much hospitality, so much dynamic student leadership, and so much joy in watching a community grow...


Can't wait to see how God continues to add to this list in 2015...

No comments: