As today starts 2013, I am looking forward to spending some time this week looking back and forward...and I plan to go thru these questions used by leadership development thinker Tim Elmore...check out the list below and enjoy the review and preview process as we start this new year...
- What are my fondest memories of 2012?
- What were the “big projects” I completed during the year?
- What were the defining moments during the last year?
- What did I procrastinate on and fail to get done?
- What books and mentors had the greatest impact on me? Why?
- Am I closer to my friends and family from my activities this year?
- What will be my biggest goals as I move forward into 2012?
- Where did I neglect to live up to the standards I set for myself?
- What am I committed to do this next year, to fulfill my “Life Sentence”?
LOOKING AHEAD QUESTIONS:
1. What are my greatest dreams for 2012? What projects will these dreams require of me? What daily actions must I engage in to fulfill them?
2. What standards will I live by, throughout the next year:
- Health Standards
- Family Standards
- Financial Standards
- Friendship Standards
- Personal / Spiritual Standards
3. In what areas of my life do I most want to grow in 2013?
4. What books will I read this next year to achieve those growth goals?
5. What mentors will I seek out to achieve those growth goals?
6. What magazines will I scan and file to achieve those growth goals?
7. What events will I attend to achieve those growth goals?
8. What podcasts (audio recordings) will I listen to, to help me grow?
9. What will I do Monday through Friday to be intentional about my growth?